These 5 exercises have become a go-to for many top models who are aiming for that highly desired thigh gap.
Bianca Vesco, a certified personal trainer at NYSC Labs in New York City, is the mastermind behind these effective inner-thigh exercises.
To maximize your workout, consider completing a second set of each movement for a 10-minute session if you successfully complete the entire circuit without feeling The Burn (or if you’re looking to accelerate your results in time for summer).
- Position your feet wider than shoulder-width apart and point your toes outward.
- Bring your hands in front of you and squat down to initiate the exercise.
- Descend into a deep squat while ensuring your shins and knees remain above your toes.
- Utilize your entire foot, including the balls and heels, to push yourself back up.
- Remember to exhale when contracting your muscles and inhale as you lower yourself.
- Forcefully release your breath as you raise yourself back up.
- Maintain proper posture with shoulders back, back straight, and core tightened.
- Aim to complete as many repetitions as possible within a 60-second timeframe.
PILATES LEG LIFTS
- Lie on your side and bend your right knee while placing your right arm over your head.
- Raise your left leg, keeping it as straight as possible.
- Repeat the movement, lowering your leg behind you without allowing it to touch the floor.
- After completing one side, switch sides and repeat the exercise.
- Start by lying on your back with your legs bent and feet positioned hip-width apart.
- Place an object, such as a towel, cushion, or teddy bear, between your knees.
- Squeeze the object tightly while lifting your hips off the ground until your knees align with your shoulders in a straight line.
- Lower your hips back to the starting position, ensuring that your back doesn’t rest on the ground until you finish all repetitions.
INNER LEG LIFT
- Begin by lying on your side, with your upper leg bent and your lower leg straight.
- Gradually lift your lower leg as high as you can. For optimal inner thigh engagement, ensure that your feet are arched outward.
- Lower your leg back to the starting position while maintaining core and inner thigh tension.
- Avoid cheating by resting your leg until you have completed all repetitions.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand for this exercise.
- Brace your core and position your feet hip-width apart.
- Lift your right foot off the ground and then return it to the starting position.
- After completing one repetition on one side, switch and repeat the exercise on the other side.